No fixed office hours (send me an email to make an appointment)
Phone: +49 3641 9 43223+49 3641 9 43223
Fax: +49 3641 9 43230
Main fields of research
- Persistence and change of economic structures
- Labor market dynamics and economic growth
- The role of institutions for economic decision-making and behavior
- The economics of forced migration
- Regional aspects of economic inequality
- The Effect of Entrepreneurship on Economic Development—An empirical analysis using regional entrepreneurship culture, (with Michael Fritsch), Journal of Economic Geography, 2017, Vol. 17, 157-189.
- Industry structure, entrepreneurship, and culture: An empirical analysis using historical coalfields, (with M. Stuetzer, M. Obschonka, D.B. Audretsch, P.J. Rentfrow, L. Shaw-Taylor, M. Coombes, and M.Satchell), European Economic Review, 2016, Vol. 86, 52-72.
- Entrepreneurial role models, fear of failure, and institutional approval of entrepreneurship: a tale of two regions, (with M. Stuetzer and R. Sternberg), Small Business Economics, 2016, Vol. 46, 467-492.
- Balanced Skills and the City: An Analysis of the Relationship between Entrepreneurial Skill Balance, Thickness and Innovation, (with Michael Fritsch and Elisabeth Bublitz), Economic Geography, 2015, Vol. 91, No. 3, 475-508.
- Entrepreneurship and intergenerational value transmission, Small Business Economics, 2015, Vol. 45, No. 1, 191-213.
- The Long Persistence of Regional Entrepreneurship: Germany 1925 to 2005 (with Michael Fritsch), Regional Studies, 2014, Vol. 48, No. 6, 955-973.
- Can socioeconomic heritage produce a lost generation with regard to entrepreneurship?, Journal of Business Venturing, 2013, Vol. 28, No. 5, 667-682.
- Regional entrepreneurial heritage in a socialist and a post-socialist economy, Economic Geography, 2012, Vol. 88, No.4, 423-445.